Hook point to do custom processing after a resource is created?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hook point to do custom processing after a resource is created?

antelder
Does Wink have any way yet to hook in to the resource creation to do
some custom processing after a resource has been instantiated?

   ...ant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hook point to do custom processing after a resource is created?

Michael Elman
Administrator
Try to see if the following thread answers your question:
http://n2.nabble.com/resource-pre-post-processing-td4150945.html#a4150945


On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM, ant elder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does Wink have any way yet to hook in to the resource creation to do
> some custom processing after a resource has been instantiated?
>
>   ...ant
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hook point to do custom processing after a resource is created?

ant elder
Thanks for the pointer, thats similar to what I'm asking about,
although its about intercepting every request on a resource whereas I
just need to intercept after the resource is created. The last message
in that thread, from Nicholas Gallardo, makes it sound like this type
of function would be added for Wink/Geronimo integration or even
otherwise, but looking at the current code i guess it hasn't happened
yet.

I guess what i need is a pluggable hook point at the end of
org.apache.wink.common.internal.lifecycleCreationUtils.createObject or
else someway to do some post processing of the
org.apache.wink.common.internal.registry.metadata.ClassMetadata.

   ...ant

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Michael Elman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try to see if the following thread answers your question:
> http://n2.nabble.com/resource-pre-post-processing-td4150945.html#a4150945
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM, ant elder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does Wink have any way yet to hook in to the resource creation to do
>> some custom processing after a resource has been instantiated?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hook point to do custom processing after a resource is created?

ant elder
As an FYI i found a way to do this by subclassing the
ServerInjectableFactory class and overriding the create method so it
can add some custom Injectables. Then to get that new
InjectableFactory used have a custom DeploymentConfiguration subclass
and add an initParam to the RestServlet for it. (if anyone is
interested the code for this is at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/wink)

   ...ant

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:08 AM, ant elder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer, thats similar to what I'm asking about,
> although its about intercepting every request on a resource whereas I
> just need to intercept after the resource is created. The last message
> in that thread, from Nicholas Gallardo, makes it sound like this type
> of function would be added for Wink/Geronimo integration or even
> otherwise, but looking at the current code i guess it hasn't happened
> yet.
>
> I guess what i need is a pluggable hook point at the end of
> org.apache.wink.common.internal.lifecycleCreationUtils.createObject or
> else someway to do some post processing of the
> org.apache.wink.common.internal.registry.metadata.ClassMetadata.
>
>   ...ant
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Michael Elman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Try to see if the following thread answers your question:
>> http://n2.nabble.com/resource-pre-post-processing-td4150945.html#a4150945
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM, ant elder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Does Wink have any way yet to hook in to the resource creation to do
>>> some custom processing after a resource has been instantiated?
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>
>>
>