[VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

12

[VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Mike Rheinheimer-2
(I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)

Hi Winkers,

I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1

The Maven staging area is at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/

The distributions are in:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/

This release is tagged at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
 (revision 937139)

The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
weekend is here.

Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
specification compliance in the
apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks!
mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

antelder
Looks good to me so +1 from a lurker on the list.

   ...ant

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
> know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
>
> Hi Winkers,
>
> I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
>
> The Maven staging area is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
>
> The distributions are in:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
>
> This release is tagged at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
>  (revision 937139)
>
> The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
> open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
> weekend is here.
>
> Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
> specification compliance in the
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks!
> mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Bryant Luk
+1

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
> know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
>
> Hi Winkers,
>
> I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
>
> The Maven staging area is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
>
> The distributions are in:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
>
> This release is tagged at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
>  (revision 937139)
>
> The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
> open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
> weekend is here.
>
> Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
> specification compliance in the
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks!
> mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Nicholas Gallardo
+1, everything built and ran for me.

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
> know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
>
> Hi Winkers,
>
> I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
>
> The Maven staging area is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
>
> The distributions are in:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
>
> This release is tagged at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
>  (revision 937139)
>
> The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
> open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
> weekend is here.
>
> Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
> specification compliance in the
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks!
> mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Jason Dillon
+1

--jason

On Apr 23, 2010, at 8:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer wrote:

> (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
> know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
>
> Hi Winkers,
>
> I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
>
> The Maven staging area is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
>
> The distributions are in:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
>
> This release is tagged at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
>  (revision 937139)
>
> The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
> open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
> weekend is here.
>
> Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
> specification compliance in the
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks!
> mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Mike Rheinheimer-2
+1 from me.

As of this reply, we're up to:

[5 ] +1  (3 binding, 2 non-binding)
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Ideally, I'd like to see all committers vote.  Please submit your vote
if you've not yet done so!  Thanks!

mike

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
> know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
>
> Hi Winkers,
>
> I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
>
> The Maven staging area is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
>
> The distributions are in:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
>
> This release is tagged at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
>  (revision 937139)
>
> The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
> open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
> weekend is here.
>
> Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
> specification compliance in the
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks!
> mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Michael Elman
Administrator
Sorry to be the bad guy. But due to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-275
I'll vote -1.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 from me.
>
> As of this reply, we're up to:
>
> [5 ] +1  (3 binding, 2 non-binding)
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Ideally, I'd like to see all committers vote.  Please submit your vote
> if you've not yet done so!  Thanks!
>
> mike
>

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
> > know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
> >
> > Hi Winkers,
> >
> > I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
> >
> > The Maven staging area is at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
> >
> > The distributions are in:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
> >
> > This release is tagged at:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
> >  (revision 937139)
> >
> > The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
> > open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
> > weekend is here.
> >
> > Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
> > specification compliance in the
> > apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
> > apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
> >
> > Guide to testing staged releases:
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1
> >
> > Thanks!
> > mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Shiva Kumar H R
Now that there is a veto and there will be a new Release Candidate, please
consider the following as well:

1) The distributions are named as wink-assembly-dist-1.1-incubating* while
they were named as apache-wink-1.0-incubating* previously. Wouldn't a
consistent naming convention be better?

2) In docs\Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf :
  a) The v1.0 pdf guide had a very attractive starting page, and this is
missing in v1.1 guide.
  b) In the Chapter Bookmarks of v1.1 guide, the first entry says "Space
Details", which is unnecessary and hence should be removed. And the root of
the tree is labelled as "Available Pages" while in v1.0 it used to be
appropriately labelled as "Apache Wink Developer Guide Contents".
  c) The Chapter Bookmarks used to be shown by default in v1.0 guide, while
it isn't in v1.1 guide.

3) apache-wink-1.1-incubating\examples\readme.txt doesn't mention about
ext\MultiPart sample (this was missed out in v1.0 release as well).

Thanks,
Shiva Kumar H R

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Michael Elman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry to be the bad guy. But due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-275
> I'll vote -1.
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 from me.
> >
> > As of this reply, we're up to:
> >
> > [5 ] +1  (3 binding, 2 non-binding)
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1
> >
> > Ideally, I'd like to see all committers vote.  Please submit your vote
> > if you've not yet done so!  Thanks!
> >
> > mike
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
> > > know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
> > >
> > > Hi Winkers,
> > >
> > > I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
> > >
> > > The Maven staging area is at:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
> > >
> > > The distributions are in:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
> > >
> > > This release is tagged at:
> > >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
> > >  (revision 937139)
> > >
> > > The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
> > > open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
> > > weekend is here.
> > >
> > > Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
> > > specification compliance in the
> > > apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
> > > apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
> > >
> > > Guide to testing staged releases:
> > > http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> > >
> > > [ ] +1
> > > [ ] +0
> > > [ ] -1
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Mike Rheinheimer-2
Not a problem.  This is why we have votes, and I appreciate you
catching and reporting this!  I'll get things rolled back and take a
look at the problem if no one else gets to it first over the next 24
hours.

mike

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Michael Elman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry to be the bad guy. But due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-275
> I'll vote -1.
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 from me.
>>
>> As of this reply, we're up to:
>>
>> [5 ] +1  (3 binding, 2 non-binding)
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Ideally, I'd like to see all committers vote.  Please submit your vote
>> if you've not yet done so!  Thanks!
>>
>> mike
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
>> > know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
>> >
>> > Hi Winkers,
>> >
>> > I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
>> >
>> > The Maven staging area is at:
>> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
>> >
>> > The distributions are in:
>> >
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
>> >
>> > This release is tagged at:
>> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
>> >  (revision 937139)
>> >
>> > The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
>> > open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
>> > weekend is here.
>> >
>> > Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
>> > specification compliance in the
>> > apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
>> > apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
>> >
>> > Guide to testing staged releases:
>> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>> >
>> > [ ] +1
>> > [ ] +0
>> > [ ] -1
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Mike Rheinheimer-2
Hi Shiva,

Good suggestions.  I don't know how much work it would be to change
the names under the wink-assembly module, or if it would require a new
module.  Anyone else have an opinion about this?  I personally like
the intuitive name we had previously used in Wink 1.0 release.  I
imagine other projects will not use the assembly jars in their pom
dependencies, but certainly people that have a need for the full Wink
release would more likely look for it under the name
"apache-wink-1.1-incubating" than something with the word "assembly"
in it.

Regarding the docs, can you open jira(s) for those?  The PDF is
generated from the wiki.  Maybe something got edited or some setting
got changed the broke the export?

Thanks Shiva.
mike

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Shiva Kumar H R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that there is a veto and there will be a new Release Candidate, please
> consider the following as well:
>
> 1) The distributions are named as wink-assembly-dist-1.1-incubating* while
> they were named as apache-wink-1.0-incubating* previously. Wouldn't a
> consistent naming convention be better?
>
> 2) In docs\Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf :
>  a) The v1.0 pdf guide had a very attractive starting page, and this is
> missing in v1.1 guide.
>  b) In the Chapter Bookmarks of v1.1 guide, the first entry says "Space
> Details", which is unnecessary and hence should be removed. And the root of
> the tree is labelled as "Available Pages" while in v1.0 it used to be
> appropriately labelled as "Apache Wink Developer Guide Contents".
>  c) The Chapter Bookmarks used to be shown by default in v1.0 guide, while
> it isn't in v1.1 guide.
>
> 3) apache-wink-1.1-incubating\examples\readme.txt doesn't mention about
> ext\MultiPart sample (this was missed out in v1.0 release as well).
>
> Thanks,
> Shiva Kumar H R
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Michael Elman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Sorry to be the bad guy. But due to
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-275
>> I'll vote -1.
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > +1 from me.
>> >
>> > As of this reply, we're up to:
>> >
>> > [5 ] +1  (3 binding, 2 non-binding)
>> > [ ] +0
>> > [ ] -1
>> >
>> > Ideally, I'd like to see all committers vote.  Please submit your vote
>> > if you've not yet done so!  Thanks!
>> >
>> > mike

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Jason Dillon
Um, what is the point of jaxrs annotations on an interface?

--jason

On Apr 25, 2010, at 12:14 AM, Michael Elman wrote:

> Sorry to be the bad guy. But due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-275
> I'll vote -1.
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 from me.
>>
>> As of this reply, we're up to:
>>
>> [5 ] +1  (3 binding, 2 non-binding)
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Ideally, I'd like to see all committers vote.  Please submit your vote
>> if you've not yet done so!  Thanks!
>>
>> mike
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> (I sent this email 10:00pm US CST April 22, but nobody got it.  Don't
>>> know what happened, but I'm resending it now.)
>>>
>>> Hi Winkers,
>>>
>>> I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.1
>>>
>>> The Maven staging area is at:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/
>>>
>>> The distributions are in:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/
>>>
>>> This release is tagged at:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating
>>> (revision 937139)
>>>
>>> The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.  I'll keep the vote
>>> open until Tuesday May 27 at 8:00am US CST (93 hours) since the
>>> weekend is here.
>>>
>>> Please make special note of the language used to describe JAX-RS
>>> specification compliance in the
>>> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/docs/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf and
>>> apache-wink-1.1-incubating/release_notes.txt files.
>>>
>>> Guide to testing staged releases:
>>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Michael Elman
Administrator
Mainly because there is a similar test in TCK.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Jason Dillon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Um, what is the point of jaxrs annotations on an interface?
>
> --jason
>

> On Apr 25, 2010, at 12:14 AM, Michael Elman wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be the bad guy. But due to
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-275
> > I'll vote -1.
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 from me.
> >>
> >> As of this reply, we're up to:
> >>
> >> [5 ] +1  (3 binding, 2 non-binding)
> >> [ ] +0
> >> [ ] -1
> >>
> >> Ideally, I'd like to see all committers vote.  Please submit your vote
> >> if you've not yet done so!  Thanks!
> >>
> >> mike

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Shiva Kumar H R
Thanks Mike. I have created the following JIRAs for the same:
1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-276 : Improvements to
docs\Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf in v1.1 release
2) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-277 : Mention about
ext\MultiPart sample in examples\readme.txt
3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-278 : Consistent naming
convention for Wink distributions

Thanks,
Shiva Kumar H R

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Shiva,
>
> Good suggestions.  I don't know how much work it would be to change
> the names under the wink-assembly module, or if it would require a new
> module.  Anyone else have an opinion about this?  I personally like
> the intuitive name we had previously used in Wink 1.0 release.  I
> imagine other projects will not use the assembly jars in their pom
> dependencies, but certainly people that have a need for the full Wink
> release would more likely look for it under the name
> "apache-wink-1.1-incubating" than something with the word "assembly"
> in it.
>
> Regarding the docs, can you open jira(s) for those?  The PDF is
> generated from the wiki.  Maybe something got edited or some setting
> got changed the broke the export?
>
> Thanks Shiva.
> mike
>

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Shiva Kumar H R <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Now that there is a veto and there will be a new Release Candidate,
> please
> > consider the following as well:
> >
> > 1) The distributions are named as wink-assembly-dist-1.1-incubating*
> while
> > they were named as apache-wink-1.0-incubating* previously. Wouldn't a
> > consistent naming convention be better?
> >
> > 2) In docs\Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf :
> >  a) The v1.0 pdf guide had a very attractive starting page, and this is
> > missing in v1.1 guide.
> >  b) In the Chapter Bookmarks of v1.1 guide, the first entry says "Space
> > Details", which is unnecessary and hence should be removed. And the root
> of
> > the tree is labelled as "Available Pages" while in v1.0 it used to be
> > appropriately labelled as "Apache Wink Developer Guide Contents".
> >  c) The Chapter Bookmarks used to be shown by default in v1.0 guide,
> while
> > it isn't in v1.1 guide.
> >
> > 3) apache-wink-1.1-incubating\examples\readme.txt doesn't mention about
> > ext\MultiPart sample (this was missed out in v1.0 release as well).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shiva Kumar H R
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Michael Elman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry to be the bad guy. But due to
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-275
> >> I'll vote -1.

>  Don't

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating

> vote

> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Bryant Luk
I think we can accommodate 2) and 3) but for 1), do you have a PDF
editor that you can manually do the improvements to?  I don't have a
PDF editor.  All I can do is delete pages out of a PDF as far as I
know.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Shiva Kumar H R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > they were named as apache-wink-1.0-incubating* previously. Wouldn't a
>> > consistent naming convention be better?
>> >
>> > 2) In docs\Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf :
>> >  a) The v1.0 pdf guide had a very attractive starting page, and this is
>> > missing in v1.1 guide.
>> >  b) In the Chapter Bookmarks of v1.1 guide, the first entry says "Space
>> > Details", which is unnecessary and hence should be removed. And the root
>> of
>> > the tree is labelled as "Available Pages" while in v1.0 it used to be
>> > appropriately labelled as "Apache Wink Developer Guide Contents".
>> >  c) The Chapter Bookmarks used to be shown by default in v1.0 guide,
>> while
>> > it isn't in v1.1 guide.
>> >
>> > 3) apache-wink-1.1-incubating\examples\readme.txt doesn't mention about
>> > ext\MultiPart sample (this was missed out in v1.0 release as well).

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Shiva Kumar H R
I too don't have a pdf editor :(

Thanks,
Shiva Kumar H R

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Bryant Luk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we can accommodate 2) and 3) but for 1), do you have a PDF
> editor that you can manually do the improvements to?  I don't have a
> PDF editor.  All I can do is delete pages out of a PDF as far as I
> know.
>
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Shiva Kumar H R <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Thanks Mike. I have created the following JIRAs for the same:
> > 1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-276 : Improvements to
> > docs\Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf in v1.1 release
> > 2) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-277 : Mention about
> > ext\MultiPart sample in examples\readme.txt
> > 3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-278 : Consistent naming
> > convention for Wink distributions
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shiva Kumar H R
> >

> > On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Mike Rheinheimer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Shiva,
> >>
> >> Good suggestions.  I don't know how much work it would be to change
> >> the names under the wink-assembly module, or if it would require a new
> >> module.  Anyone else have an opinion about this?  I personally like
> >> the intuitive name we had previously used in Wink 1.0 release.  I
> >> imagine other projects will not use the assembly jars in their pom
> >> dependencies, but certainly people that have a need for the full Wink
> >> release would more likely look for it under the name
> >> "apache-wink-1.1-incubating" than something with the word "assembly"
> >> in it.
> >>
> >> Regarding the docs, can you open jira(s) for those?  The PDF is
> >> generated from the wiki.  Maybe something got edited or some setting
> >> got changed the broke the export?
> >>
> >> Thanks Shiva.
> >> mike

> >> please

> >> while

> is
> "Space
> root
> >> of
> >> while

> about

> vote

> [hidden email]

> >>  Don't

> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-014/org/apache/wink/wink-assembly-dist/1.1-incubating/

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.1-incubating

> >> vote

> >> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Baram, Eliezer
The apache wink developer guide is generated out of the wiki (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WINK/Apache+Wink+Developer+Guide) there is no need for PDF editor just export the whole section with sub pages

> [...]

>> > they were named as apache-wink-1.0-incubating* previously. Wouldn't a
>> > consistent naming convention be better?
>> >
>> > 2) In docs\Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdf :
>> >  a) The v1.0 pdf guide had a very attractive starting page, and this is
>> > missing in v1.1 guide.
>> >  b) In the Chapter Bookmarks of v1.1 guide, the first entry says "Space
>> > Details", which is unnecessary and hence should be removed. And the root
>> of
>> > the tree is labelled as "Available Pages" while in v1.0 it used to be
>> > appropriately labelled as "Apache Wink Developer Guide Contents".
>> >  c) The Chapter Bookmarks used to be shown by default in v1.0 guide,
>> while
>> > it isn't in v1.1 guide.
>> >
>> > 3) apache-wink-1.1-incubating\examples\readme.txt doesn't mention about
>> > ext\MultiPart sample (this was missed out in v1.0 release as well).

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Bryant Luk
I exported it out but Shiva's requeted improvements require us to
manually edit/change a few things I believe.

2010/4/26 Baram, Eliezer <[hidden email]>:

> The apache wink developer guide is generated out of the wiki (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WINK/Apache+Wink+Developer+Guide) there is no need for PDF editor just export the whole section with sub pages

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Baram, Eliezer
I see

I exported it out but Shiva's requeted improvements require us to
manually edit/change a few things I believe.

2010/4/26 Baram, Eliezer <[hidden email]>:

> The apache wink developer guide is generated out of the wiki (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WINK/Apache+Wink+Developer+Guide) there is no need for PDF editor just export the whole section with sub pages

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

kevan

On Apr 25, 2010, at 4:57 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> Now that there is a veto and there will be a new Release Candidate, please
> consider the following as well:

Point of order -- release votes cannot be "vetoed". Legal issues can effectively veto a release. However, release votes are really just majority votes (with a requirement for 3 PMC +1's). So, a -1 vote does not necessarily cancel a vote, though I would urge the community to resolve any issues raised in a -1 vote...

To make scanning email history simpler, would suggest the release manager update the subject of the vote thread with "[CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Wink 1.1" Including an RC# in the vote thread can also make it easier to keep track of multiple release votes...

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.1

Bryant Luk
I don't think there's an easy fix for WINK-276.  Unless someone has a
PDF editor or knows of a way to make the change, maybe in a future
release we can decide if moving to a non-wiki PDF export might be
easier for producing the documentation since it appears to be hard to
modify the PDF to do what is suggested.

The PDF content itself seems fine to me.

Just my 2 cents.

12